Exploring DB Scheme Consolidation
A closer look at the Pension SuperFund
20 Mar 2019
Consolidation continues to dominate the DB agenda. As we’ve explored previously, DB consolidation encompasses a wide range of potential solutions1. However, commercial consolidators like the Pension SuperFund and Clara-Pensions have been at the fore of the consolidation debate:
- The DWP has run its consultation into a suitable framework for commercial consolidation.
- TPR has set out its guidance and clearance guidelines for DB consolidator transactions to create a responsible environment for initial transactions until the new regulatory framework is in place.
- The first transactions into these vehicles are expected in the first half of 2019.
Having already taken a closer look at Clara-Pensions2, we continue our series with an in-depth look at the Pension SuperFund to understand:
- What is the Pension SuperFund and how does it work?
- What is the impact of the Pension SuperFund on member outcomes?
- When might the Pension SuperFund be an appropriate option to consider?
- What does the future hold?
If you would like us to take a ‘closer look’ at your own consolidation solution - whether you are a master trust, insurer, commercial consolidator, sole trustee or investment platform - please get in touch.
2 Exploring DB consolidation: A closer look at Clara-Pensions