Calum Cooper joined Hymans Robertson in 2003 as a graduate with degrees in software engineering and finance. He qualified in 2007, became a partner in 2011 and led our Trustee actuarial, investment and administration business for four years. These days he’s an owning partner with broad and unique pensions strategy, risk and digital expertise to clients to over £10bn. Highlights include developing:
- A bespoke self-service valuation and financial reporting system for a FTSE plc;
- Sustainable funding and investment strategies for open private sector schemes;
- Strategy and risk advice to one of the UK’s first commercial consolidators, Clara Pensions;
- Integrated CDI funding & investment strategies for multi £b pension schemes;
- A range of cash contingency plans including asset backed funding vehicles;
- Our framework for measuring and improving DB member outcomes; and
- The full range of journey plan and end game strategies from insurance, to commercial consolidation, to managed run-off.
Calum brings a collaborative and creative approach to advice. Always with a focus on making progress against clear and shared long-term objectives. He chairs our investment consulting leadership team and is a regular spokesperson for Hymans Robertson.
Outside of work he is an enthusiastic runner, rusty guitarist and a family man with two young boys Harris and Quin.
Partner and Risk Transfer Specialist
Scheme Actuary & Senior Investment Consultant
Head of Clients, Third Party Administration