A guide for DB decision-makers
Tackling climate change
11 Jan 2021 - Estimated reading time: 20m
Climate change is increasingly having a real impact on both Trustees and sponsors of DB schemes. This presents a key financial risk over the lifetime of schemes, but also provides opportunities for investment and to positively impact the world that savers will retire into.
Our detailed guide includes a checklist to help you tackle climate change in your pension scheme and also sets out the importance and background behind these measures. We strongly encourage you to add climate change to your agenda as soon as possible, and consider your approach to capitalising on the opportunities, as well as managing the associated risks.
The key areas covered in our guide:
- Why is climate change important?
- What impact will climate change have on financial markets?
- The role of DB scheme Trustees in driving climate change action
- Regulatory requirements for DB schemes
- Understanding and applying the Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”) framework
- Managing the risks and opportunities arising from climate change
- The role of investment managers in tackling climate change
Read more about the TCFD.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss anything covered in the guide, please get in touch.