A guide for Defined Contribution decision makers
Dealing with Climate Change
06 Oct 2020
Climate Change is not going away. It's an issue that will be felt by all DC savers, not only impacting their everyday lives, but also representing a material risk to their retirement outcomes. Asset owners such as pension scheme trustees and governance committees are also facing additional regulatory requirements in this area.
Our detailed guide includes a checklist to help you address climate change in your scheme and also sets out the importance and background behind these measures. We strongly suggest that you add climate change to your agenda as soon as possible to consider your approach to managing the risks and capturing opportunities associated with climate change.
The key areas addressed in our guide are:
- A checklist to address climate change in your scheme
- Why is climate change important?
- What impact will climate change have on financial markets?
- The role of pension schemes in addressing climate change
- Regulatory requirements for DC schemes
- Understanding and applying the TCFD framework
Read more about the Taskforce for Climate related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”).
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss anything covered in the guide, please get in touch.