QUARTERLY INSIGHTS FOR THE UK INSURANCE & FINANCIAL SERVICES MARKET
Current issues in insurance & financial services - Winter 2020
20 Feb 2020
In this edition of current issues in insurance & financial services, we bring you the latest insights into the UK insurance & financial services market including:
- The latest data on cancer diagnosis and survival figures in England, and what this means for critical illness policies;
- The outlook for M&A transactions in 2020;
- The Bank of England's proposals for its 2021 "biennial exploratory scenario" for climate change;
- The key findings from the FCA's Thematic Review into With-Profits businesses;
- The outlook for Master Trusts in 2020; and
- Insights on the pension risk transfer market from Hymans Robertson's annual Risk Transfer Report.
How should protection providers respond to the latest cancer figures?
In this article, we take a look at what the latest data on cancer diagnosis and survival figures in England mean for customers and providers of critical illness policies.
M&A: The outlook for 2020
In this article, Nick Ford reflects on a remarkable decade for M&A transactions in the insurance market, and provides his thoughts on the outlook for 2020.
Bank of England "biennial exploratory scenario"
In this article, we share our thoughts and the key takeaways from the Bank of England's proposals for its 2021 stress testing of the financial stability implications of climate change.
TR19/3: Review of fair treatment of with-profits policyholders
Dan Diggins, Head of Regulated roles, highlights some of the key findings of the FCA’s Thematic Review into With-Profits businesses (TR19/3), details what he expects firms will need to do off the back of it, and how firms can achieve better outcomes for With-Profits customers.
The outlook for Master Trusts
In her latest blog, Sharon Bellingham reflects on the outlook for Master Trusts in 2020 and beyond.
Risk Transfer Report 2020
Download our annual report, which delves into the pension risk transfer market. We track the recent key changes in the market, and look at what this means for defined benefit pension schemes.
Our award-winning and growing Life & Financial Services practice
Read about the new editions to our practice and our third-in-a-row double win at the InsuranceERM Awards!