Our 2019 Stewardship Survey
11 Jun 2020
Our second triennial stewardship survey finds that despite promising signs, investment managers still need to do more to keep pace with changing demands.
Our key findings and recommendations are:
- Greater transparency of stewardship policies and activities remains vital to allow investors to judge the actions of their investment managers and draw comparisons between them.
- The adoption of an industry ‘statement of voting principles’ would allow an effective basis of comparisons between managers.
- Managers need to improve disclosure on corporate engagement to allow investors to effectively scrutinise and understand activity.
- Managers need to be clear on the actions they will take in addressing climate risk.
- Carbon foot-printing is a broadly adopted tool yet managers should ensure that carbon metrics form part of their regular reporting package to clients