Your annual overview and analysis of the risk transfer market
Risk Transfer Report 2021
11 Feb 2021
We're excited to share our fifth annual Risk Transfer Report – an overview and analysis of the pensions bulk annuity market.
Despite navigating a global pandemic, 2020 was a successful year for the risk transfer market and offered various opportunities to DB pension schemes.
Whilst there were fewer “mega-deals” in 2020 compared to 2019, smaller transactions and schemes returning to the market boosted demand. Attractive pricing was available from insurers for schemes able to move quickly and longevity swaps further increased in popularity. It was also a significant year for non-traditional risk transfer options.
Download our full report below where our team of experts explore these key market changes (plus more!) and look at what these could mean for you. We focus on the following themes:
- Bulk annuity insurers overview - an update on changing market dynamics.
- The trustee perspective – how to prepare as you move along your journey plan.
- External influences – what’s new and what this means for you.
- Longevity risk update – the latest trends and approaches to managing longevity risk.
- Getting buy-out ready – considerations for getting your scheme prepared for buy-out.
We hope you enjoy reading our insights. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any comments or questions about anything covered.
You can download the report by filling in your details below. If the download form doesn't load click here.