The impact of TPR's 2022 Annual Funding Statement
19 May 2022
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) published its 2022 Annual Funding Statement on 27 April.
This year’s key messages follow from previous statements and build on recent guidance published by the Regulator, reinforcing that focus should remain on long-term planning and risk management. It’s no surprise to see the Russian and Ukrainian conflict, as well as the lingering effects of COVID-19 and Brexit, taking centre stage. High inflation and slowing economic growth will impact the outlook for scheme assets, liabilities and covenant; so how should trustees and sponsors navigate this uncertainty?
Watch our webinar on-demand as our panel of experts:
- provide an overview of this year's Statement;
- discuss what this means for you from a trustee and sponsor perspective; and
- share best practice case studies on how to approach your 2022 valuation.
Alongside our experts Alistair Russell-Smith and Ross Fleming, we were delighted to be joined by:
- Fiona Etheridge, Principal Actuary at The Pensions Regulator
- Katrina Martland, Principal Business Analyst at The Pensions Regulator
- Zahir Fazal, Chairman at Best Trustees
If you have any questions about anything covered in the webinar, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Overview of this year's statement
- Immediate priorities for schemes undergoing valuations now
- Schemes in surplus
- Direction of travel / other consultations & regulations