DC Governance Committees - the best way to get the most out of your pensions spend
21 Jul 2021
Your pension spend is significant and as an employer, you want to ensure you're getting the best value from this spend and delivering great retirement outcomes for your employees. Having an effective pension governance committee, focused on the right areas, is critical to you achieving this on an ongoing basis.
Replay our session, where we explored the current DC governance landscape and the important role a governance committee plays for companies which have selected Master Trust or contracts-based DC arrangements as their DC delivery vehicle.
We then heard from our guest speakers - David Buchanan, Chair of SSE’s Governance Committee and Ruston Smith, Chair of the Governance Committee at Tesco, who shared:
- their insights about how a pension governance committee works in practice;
- what makes an effective committee;
- how to get the most out of your pension provider; and
- the benefits to employees from having a committee in place.
If you have any questions about setting up a governance committee, or would like to discuss your current governance arrangements, please get in touch.
- The current DC governance landscape
- The important role a governance committee plays
- David Buchanan - Chair of SSE’s Governance Committee
- Ruston Smith - Chair of the Governance Committee at Tesco