Now I'm 100% funded, will I stay that way?
24 Jun 2021
Looking ahead to the LGPS English & Welsh 2022 valuations, we set ourselves the task of answering some of the questions that will be most commonly asked in the lead up:
- “Will I be 100% funded at the next valuation?”
- “Now I’m 100% funded, will I stay that way?”
- “Is my 100% funded the same as my neighbour’s 100% funded?"
To answer these questions, we’re releasing a series of short papers, alongside a supporting podcast.
‘Staying 100% funded’ will mean different things to different people. For our second paper, we don’t view the question as asking if the fund will always be 100% funded. Instead, we look to explore the following questions:
- Why is 2022 different from previous times?
- How can funds can take advantage of the current strong funding position?
- What does de-risking mean?
- Does one size fit all?
- When can action be taken?
In case you missed the first paper, you can download this here.