Our quarterly round-up of the global equity market
Flash Stats Q4 2018
09 Jan 2019 - Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
In our regular round-up of global equity markets, we take a look at what’s happened in Q4 2018.
Some other changes in Q4 include:
- UK growth reached its fastest quarterly pace in almost 2 years, while Eurozone growth slowed to 1.6% year-on-year.
- Headline inflation fell in most regions but remains above core measures in the UK, Eurozone and Japan.
- After peaking in October, oil prices plummeted in the second half of the quarter, as the US granted waivers to buyers of Iranian crude.
- As uncertainty surrounding a Brexit deal continued, sterling drifted lower over the quarter but has remained fairly steady in trade weighted terms.
- Global equity markets took a sharp turn lower at the start of Q4, as US government bond yields climbed to 3.2%.
- The pace of growth of the UK commercial property market continued to slow in the first two months of Q4 and capital values fell in November.
Download our update of all key market trends and statistics over the quarter to find out more.