A Review of our 2017/2018 CSR Activity
Annual CSR Report
17 Jul 2018 - Estimated reading time: 5 mins
At Hymans Robertson we believe creating better futures shouldn’t be left to chance. Our commitment to creating positive change in our market place is at the heart of what we do, and reflected across our approach to our Communities, our People and our Environment. Our corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy focuses on these three areas and is integral to who we are as a firm.
We are pleased to share our first ever review of all CSR activity at Hymans Robertson in our Corporate Social Responsibility Report for 2017/18. The Report shows the progress we have made in our focus areas, and in our goals, as well as setting out some of our targets for the year ahead.
Some highlights of 2017/18 include:
- Hymans Robertson LLP and The Hymans Robertson Foundation donated a total of £160,369 to support the charitable commitments of the firm and our people. This included our Financial Footsteps educational programme, our employees charitable activities and commitments, and our local communities
- Our people dedicated over 1,000 hours volunteering for our Financial Footsteps and local community partners. In 2018/19 we are targeting 5,000 hours of volunteering by offering all our people 21 hours volunteering leave each year
- We ran, cycled, baked, quizzed and danced our way to raising £53,000 for charities across the UK which are close to our hearts
- We reinvigorated our approach to wellbeing in the work place with a strong focus on mental as well as physical health, and our Wellbeing Champions ensured a year full of opportunities to take part in wellbeing initiatives and activities
- Our greatest environmental impact is the carbon footprint generated by business travel. Our ongoing investment in new technology which has seen some 95% of our people issued with laptops, has dramatically reduced the need for frequent face to face meetings and we continue to encourage our people to travel less whenever practical.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2017/18 demonstrates the many ways our people are making a difference to our Communities, what steps Hymans Robertson has taken to provide a positive and inclusive working environment for our People, and our commitment to reducing our impact on the Environment. We also take a look at some of our targets and commitments for 2018/19.
Download our report to find out more